‘Wipeout’ contestant dies after competing in obstacle course

A man competing on the television competition show “Wipeout” died earlier this week after completing an obstacle course while filming the series, sources close to the production told CNN.

Following the incident on Wednesday, the contestant was attended to by on-site emergency medical personnel and later died, the sources said. “Wipeout” contestants must undergo medical examinations in advance of participating, according to the sources, who added participants this season were also tested for Covid-19 prior to filming.

A spokesperson for TBS, which airs “Wipeout,” told CNN in a statement: “We are devastated to have learned of his passing and our deepest sympathy goes out to the family.”

Endemol Shine North America, which produces the series, added: “We offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and our thoughts are with them at this time.”

Production on “Wipeout” was paused on Thursday and Friday and will resume following a preplanned break after the Thanksgiving holiday.

(CNN and TBS share parent company WarnerMedia.)

Blogs

Our Albuquerque Police Officers are THE BEST.

Our Albuquerque Police Officers are THE BEST.

We love our local police officers. After all the bad news the past few weeks, here is some good news. This 11 year old thinks the police are heros. This is another reason why we love OUR ALBUQUERQUE POLICE.

Jon Bones Jones out of UFC 200????

Jon Bones Jones out of UFC 200????

Please don’t let it be true. We were so ready for Jon Bones Jones and UFC 200. But, we are seeing the stories saying he failed his drug test and is out of the Main Event. We will keep following this story. CLICK HERE to read more!

Headlines